Monday, October 01, 2007

Farm Feature- Jonatas.


God is doing amazing things in the boys living at Grace Farm (Sítio Graça in Portuguese). In these “farm feature” sections you can get to know them a bit better in their own words…

“My name is Jonatas, I am 18 years old. I have a mother and father, sister, brother and a niece and nephew. Today I am living at Sítio Graça, which is part of ”My Father's House”, a ministry of YWAM, Youth With a Mission, which cares for street boys. I am one of those boys. 4 years ago I was on the streets using drugs, begging for food and money, stealing ... each time the police would see us using drugs they would beat us as if we were animals. But I grew tired of this life and at this time someone from ”My Father's House” found me and asked me if I wanted to change my life. My first answer was yes, and so I went to the sítio. There I met this guy called Jesus and my life was changed. This is why I am here: To know Jesus and to make Him known – speaking of His love for others. OK, I like to paint, play the guitar, do acrobatics and play football. Of these things, I like best to paint and do acrobatics. I have some weaknesses, I'll just share one – girls, I really need help in this area, please pray for me, I would really appreciate it.”

BE PRAYING for JONATAS!

No comments: